Skip to main content

Title please..

From books to movies, concerts to presentations, the first thing that we see is the Title or simply the Name, and of course even this blog wants a Title to get registered at any blogging community or even to just submit a post published.
Choosing a title is not so easy, at least in my case. If you have come across my posts previously then you might have noticed that my blog title was different, it was named 'A Dreamer's Words', also I had a blog prior to this which was named differently 2- 3 times!!
I was never quite satisfied with my blog titles, the names I believe must give you slight idea of the writer or the writer's thoughts, after all this is the platform to express one's thoughts through words, isn't it?
I came across my brilliant blogs with amazing and quirky titles, but I couldn't find one for myself!!

Though I am daydreamer, I wasn't feeling okay with the title, there was this nagging feeling somewhere in the back of my mind, but I let my mind nag me forgetting about it altogether, busy with life and its duties.
And one fine day I came across a Sanskrit word(no I don't know sanskrit) while I was searching something related to names and words in sankrit, though I had come across that particular word I never knew the meaning and that day I came to know the meaning, it was simple and defining, and sounded beautiful!

Asmi..
This is the word I came across which means I am, people who know sanskrit are very well aware of it but not me and this realization seized me in a peculiar way which made me use it as a Pen name for my writings on my Instagram account, and now I am changing my blog title to the same :)

This blog is the place for my thoughts and imagination, a product of my mind and in way this is 'I am' :)

So what are your stories behind your blog titles?? Do share!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drop in the Ocean

This Post has been chosen by Blogadda team for the WOW Prompt - A Drop in the Ocean


I watched the butterfly flutter around flowers in delight enjoying the company of just bloomed flowers, what a beauty life is, I think everyone would have come across this line - "Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, she became a Butterfly"
And I am still a caterpillar cocooned in a shell, wanting to explore the world yet chained down..

****************************************************************************

*a few years back*

The noises in and around didn't make much sense, a way to end it all was the only thing looked forward.

How did I end up here was the constant question buzzing in my head, half baked advises, half baked understanding and dreams everything pushed me far from thinking straight, after all I was just another student who had cleared her 12th exams - PCMB (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology), the pride of parents, a tag to boast! 
Just another stude…

Known Stranger

It was another sleepless night for me, where past and future fought my attention.
Tired of heeding their request I switch on my phone and scroll through the feed on a social platform, a series on photography catch my eye,a new one in my following list. I 'like' those black and white pictures,
While a new message pops up from the photographer of course.
A simple banter follows by two bored human beings, a basic hi hello and background of present status, were the typical q and a. Deciding to call it a day, I am about to type a good night, when I get a message asking to send the song I'm listening.
Exchanging the link of songs,I paste the link ready to hear, but what fills my ear jolts my heart. It's a familiar song, which was played in loop day and night. Mind feels clogged and then memories rush causing blurred visions of all those halcyon days. Sleep which hovered above few minutes back is nowhere to be seen. Pain and love pound the walls of my heart, my mind numbs while my s…

A Confession

Your name had drawn me to you. Yes, Even before I saw you, your name held a curiosity;
And that is the reason I spoke to you.
We acknowledged our friendship and it was normal for both of us. But somewhere I had my doubts as to what you really are. Kinda bad boy?, my mind questioned a lot.
But you made me feel comfortable around you.  And that was all I wanted.

As days passed,we were much more ease with one another. You never pretended, which I liked most.
You are not the Oh sooo sweeet guy type. But more of bitter.. Bittersweet guy..
A caring guy. I felt your care almost always! But you also teased me, called me names.. But then it all made us much closer.

And we became Best Friends!! :) :)

Days,months,years passed in blink of eye

But in all these whirlwind I liked you so much..Or much more than that
I am not sure whether you realized it or not but I took my time for the realization to sink in.
Was it just like? or did I get attached to you.. I couldn't find answer.
But I think you guessed it…